Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zoo Trip and Other Happenings

We have enjoying ourselves these last couple of weeks of my maternity leave. Caroline and I have had lots of quality time together at home. I've gotten some girlfriend time with my friends Alicia, and Karin, and Anna Klara. I've gotten to work out regularly and hopefully avoid the weight gain that has usually plagued me AFTER pregnancy. I've been able to work through my blood pressure and anxiety issues and get my medications weaned down back to normal. Ben and Jake have had Mommy at home to take them to school and pick them up. Laundry and dishes have been done promptly without stacking up. It's been my most favorite maternity leave to date - and it comes to an end this Friday. I'm okay though - I'm looking forward to my job, which I DO love, and I know it's only a short stint (10 school days to be exact). To celebrate the end of my maternity leave, we decided that everyone should play hooky on Monday and we all five headed down to the Houston Zoo. We had a great time - the boys were so surprised (we didn't tell them where we were going or even that they weren't going to school until the last minute), and Caroline was SO good in her baby carrier (the stroller is in "the shop" for repairs). I was able to feed her in the monkey exhibit, and she spent some of the time napping up against me while we walked around the zoo. A totally successful adventure. Here are some pictures from our trip:
Ben and Jake in a tank of piranhas

Riding the carousel



Daddy, Caroline, and the monkey on her head



Ben, Daddy, and giraffe

Caroline peeking out after a nap

3 comments:

Sandy said...

What a fun day for all of you! too bad you have to go to work for a whole 10 days before getting the summer off!!

Debbie said...

Oh - I remember the zoo trips. Houston has a pretty awesome zoo. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Boogie said...

Fun! And such cute pictures!