Thursday, April 02, 2009

4 Weeks Old!











Caroline turned 4 weeks old today - and to celebrate, I took her in bright and early to the pediatrician's office to weigh her after dropping Jake off at school. You know, she didn't gain weight much at all in her first 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, so I braced myself for a number a little lower than I hoped for. At 2 1/2 weeks, she weighed 7 lbs, 11 oz at the dr. office, and when I took her in today, she weighed 9 lbs, 1 oz. Yea! I was so happy and Dr. Mac even popped his head in and said, "Wow - I calculate that's 1.5 oz a day - that's extraordinary!". That made me feel good. She's had a busy social schedule recently - visits from Uncle Mark and Aunt Hanna, a Conroe drive-through by Debbie, Gloria, Papa, and Grandma, a lunch date with baby Burke, Alicia, Karin, Erin, Stephanie and Wendy ( my poker group), and now tomorrow we head down to Houston (with Ben) to introduce her to Ganga (Scott's grandmother). She's a busy girl, but looks great from head to toe - see the picture below for her first miniskirt (thanks to Des!). I got four smiles today, and I think some were legitimate, so I was so excited. Ben had Cowboy Week at school this week, and so he wore all of his cowboy gear to school two of the three days. Scott took the boys to the Montgomery County Fair this afternoon/evening and they had a blast! Here are a few pictures from the week!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I cannot believe she is one month old, that seems impossible!! I LOVED seeing you all on Tuesday--your visit on the 21st cannot get here soon enough!!

Debbie said...

What cute pictures - Ben makes an awesome cowboy, kind of looks like a Texas Tech Red Raider (ha ha). Love the polka dotted outfit - truly stunning on such a pretty little girl. Congratulations on her weight gain - I can tell the Dr. was quite impressed. Jake and Ben looked like they were really enjoying those car rides. So good to see you guys. Take care.

Alicia said...

Burke thinks Caroline looks like a cutie in her mini skirt! Of course, Ben looks great in his cowboy gear! It was great seeing you this last week. We need to get together this week for shopping! Good job on the weight gain!

Riarae said...

You all look SO good! Love!

des said...

Carrie the skirt!!! how cute is it on her, LOVE it, send me the original pic and I'll print it out and put it on my fridge. :)
She's getting so big so fast, and for the record, Jake is a mini Mark and Ben is a mix of Scott and your mom!!! They're all so cute and getting bigger everytime I see them!!