Saturday, March 21, 2009

We Love Grandma!

Grandma (my mom) has stayed with us for 2 1/2 weeks - and she has been a god-send (and she leaves tomorrow :( ). She has kept me sane, cared for the baby when I was unable, loved on and spoiled the boys, supported Scott, helped the house and laundry stay under control, chauffered me to various places when I was not allowed to drive, bought the kids some spring clothes, took some night feedings so that we could get some desperately needed sleep, filed Caroline's talons and helped bathe her, planned a "Mud Day" with the boys, and NEVER complained once. She is a saint. And Granddad (my dad) is a saint for sharing her so long with us. He never complained to me about it, even though it was unexpectedly longer than it was supposed to be, and he went a long time without his wife. We will certainly have an adjustment to make when they leave tomorrow, but we're much better prepared for the future than we were a week ago - what a difference a week makes! We can't wait to see them again soon.

3 comments:

Riarae said...

Yes, what would we all do without our Saint Sandy!!!

Sandy said...

....oh really Carrie--just being a mom and a grandma!!

Debbie said...

She is good and faithful. But I get her in May!!!!