Monday, August 21, 2006

Somebody has a BAD attitude


Ben rolled along quite pleasantly all summer. Save one bout of croup and one bout of "Hand, Foot, Mouth" disease, he has been healthy, and so sweet and fun. BUT......this week and last week, he has not been particularly pleasant. As a matter of fact, I venture to say that he's been downright SURLY. To what can we attribute this Mr. Hyde persona? Perhaps Mom going back to work and abandoning him to his aunt Corey who dotes to a fault? Perhaps Jake and Dad having gone on a Colorado wilderness adventure without him, and leaving him in their dust? Maybe some new molars or incisors coming in? Maybe it's reading literally off the T-shirt "I could use some Grandma Therapy" when one grandma is bedridden in Austin with knee replacement surgery recovery and the other one is jetsetting to the tropical locale of Hawaii......You know, at this point, I don't even know if I care - I just want him to snap out of it - he has screamed at us through the baby monitor in the middle of the night for over a week now. Almost to the point that we have taught ourselves how to sleep through it. Personally, I vote for reason A, because it makes me feel important :). However, that's the hardest one to overcome, since it's a permanent change (at least until Christmas!). But school starts for Jake and Ben next week, and I know they'll both be thrilled to be around their peers and their beloved teachers.

By the way, as I'm writing this, both boys are in bed, and I'm waiting for my husband to return from a Monday evening water skiing jaunt - doesn't that make you sick? Well, at least someone's having fun (and getting some exercise!)

No comments: