Thursday, January 15, 2009

33 Weeks




Hello everyone! I thought I would make a little appearance on the blog to share the latest and greatest about Miss Caroline, as I had a big, important ultrasound today. First and foremost, she looks great - she's very healthy - her head and abdomen measure exactly where they should be for 33 weeks (they measure just a little big, but not hugely big like Jake and Ben did!). She has perfect toes, a perfect nose, beautiful lips, LOTS of hair, and chubby cheeks. They estimated that she is about 4lbs, 14 oz, and is in about the 60% percentile for height and weight. She's not head down or breech but rather transverse, which means her head is on the left and her rear is on the right. She sucked her thumb during part of the sonogram and yawned once too. What really blew us away were the images that we were able to see of her using a 4D machine. We can see that she looks remarkably like a Scott and Carrie Cummings baby - a little more like Jake than like Ben, but favors either given a certain angle. She has a nose like Jake's, that turns up at the end, and luscious lips like Jake and Ben (and I) have. It brought tears to my eyes, and that doesn't happen very often. We are so excited to meet her, and we know that we will, barring any surprises, on Tuesday, March 3. My blood pressure was great, my blood sugars were great, and I managed to lose 2 more lbs (?). I am being very brave, but for posterity's sake, I have decided to take the dreaded belly pic - I will only take one more - the day before she's born. It'll be fun to compare. Ignore the nasty stretch marks. And then I'm also posting the ultrasound pictures from today that I scanned.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What great 4D pictures! They are quite amazing...you can see so much! I'm so glad Caroline is healthy and you and her are doing so well! Hopefully I will see you before Burke arrives! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your cutie!

Sandy said...

Thanks sweetie--I love the belly pic--I am getting VERY excited!! I am also excited to see those precious boys next weekend for Jake's b'day---AND, I get to see you this weekend--yea!!

Debbie said...

I love the belly pic - dreaded stretch marks and all. You're doing absolutely stupendous and so is miss Caroline!!!